We created and managed this $8M reality show and contest on YouTube and Facebook
Working for Dell’s Small Business segment, we served as project manager for the $8 million America’s Favorite Small Business contest on YouTube and Facebook, which culminated in a six-part online reality show that I managed. This required blazing a trail that we at Dell had never considered: Creating a program/contest and reality show that lived exclusively in social media.
What was our role?
This truly was our baby for almost a full year. As project manager and lead, our responsibilities included:
- Creating and refining the concept
- Leading multiple creative and media agencies, as well as working with representatives from Facebook and Google/YouTube
- Securing multi-million-dollar partnerships with Microsoft and MasterCard
- Managing the $8 million budget
- Fine tuning the concept in mid stream. e.g., Employing guerrilla marketing tactics for a last-minute boost
- Assisting in the production for the six episodes of the online reality show
- Managing and reporting to senior executives weekly on a broad set of metricsSPOILER ALERT: America voted Shwood as America’s Favorite Small Business. The company is a small business in Oregon that makes awesome wood-frame sunglasses out of unusual cuts of wood.